Monday, October 24, 2011

Barcelona is wicked

I had three wicked days in Barcelona, not enough to get to know her well, but long enough to enjoy her...

...streets...







...buildings...






...food...
my favorite tapas: 'pimento de padron'







...people...

Met these guys in a bar called Nevermind that was pretty rockin. Bald guy is a pro skater apparently.


Stumbling home after more than a few drinks, I managed to walk perfectly around the block, twice. At which point I found myself in Bar Judas, where some amazing flamenco guitar and singing was going down by some guys who were obviously very amazing but didn't want to be filmed...

...bars...

Los Alamos is located in the depths of the Gothic Quarter and has all the essentials, cheap drinks, bartenders who like to drink them with you, and good tunes.  The guy out the front is Steven from Switzerland, whom I met on a couple of occasions and who taught me quite a bit about Barcelona, world economics, and most of the destinations I was headed to. He gets bonus points for the Australia shirt. Cheers Steven!


Bar Nevermind. I had so much fun here the first time I couldn't find it again. Until I adopted the optimum method for traveling, and stopped searching. 


Needless to say, there were many more....

And then all of a sudden I was hurtling down the coast at considerable speed, driven by Danny Britto, a great character who drives his taxi from a wheelchair mounted in the driver's seat, with a joystick attached, the result of a traffic accident, but obviously not one that slowed him down too much...next stop...



...Gibraltar



No comments:

Post a Comment